Seismic retrofitting is the modification of existing structures to make them more resistant to seismic activity, ground motion, or soil failure due to earthquakes. With better understanding of seismic demand on structures and with our recent experiences with large earthquakes near urban centres, the need of seismic retrofitting is well acknowledged. The objective of this section is to check the building whether they are technically fit for operating as hospital building or not according to Nepal National Building Codes & other required codes. Retrofit design/intervention is performed as required by detail evaluation of the building including linear dynamic and linear static analysis.
The scope of the works for seismic vulnerability assessment is as follows:
* Site visit in order to conduct a survey to determine the structural characteristics of the existing hospital building.
* Modelling of the existing building using the provided drawings, NDT test results by client.
* Structural analysis of the modelled existing building.
* Reinforced concrete design of the structural elements considering structural analysis and design software results.
* Compare the obtained & existing design of structural elements of the Building.
* Recommend whether buildings are earthquake safer or not for the Institutional uses.
* Retrofit design the members of building wherever require.